Random Clients fail to download content (0x80070003)



******Update July 27 2017:  I have confirmed that the below issue is addressed via: KB4035759.  Thanks to all who helped! ******



This posts outlines an issue that I am seeing in Configuration Manager starting in 1702. I currently have a call open with MS and will update the post once the issue is resolved. I am currently aware of 2 environments with the issue and am posting this in case this is also an issue for others. If you have this issue in your environment, please shoot me a message with any cases you have open so Microsoft can see the commonalities in our environments.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Issue occurs on newly built computers (this may be for the simple fact as they are installing the most software). We have reproduced the issue on computers built with our current gold image, last December’s gold image as well as using a new task sequence and VLSC ISO. Failure rates are around 20% so a minimum of 5 computers should be built. For our tests we built 15 computers total all in the same subnet.
2. Mass add computers to software deployment collections

Continue reading